Image Header Info

Call Us: +86 15051969118

E-mail:sale@itcpowerworld.com
Image Header Info

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 22:00

Sat - Sun 09:00 - 22:00

Blog

How to choose a suitable generator set?

How to choose a suitable generator set?

Choosing a generator is also a headache. Generally speaking, the rated power of the generator is selected according to the total power of the load.
Appropriate power not only makes the generator have a long life, but also maintains the operation of the entire power grid.
First of all, the power of the generator is divided into KVA and KW. Presumably everyone knows KW, which is kilowatt, which is commonly used in China. KVA is apparent power and KW is effective power. Imported generator sets generally use KVA as the unit, and domestic generator sets generally use KW as the unit. There is no substantial difference between the two. The unit problem can be 1KVA=0.8KW when converted. Determining the power of the generator set does not simply add up the power of all consumers, but also needs to consider the starting method of the consumers. The general starting methods are divided into direct starting and step-down starting or variable frequency starting, the former starting current is about 6 times the working current, and the instantaneous power will also reach 6 times the rated power; the latter starting current is about 3 times, the instantaneous power is also the rated power 3 times. Therefore, when selecting the power of the generator set, in addition to the sum of the power of all consumers, the starting power of each consumer must also be considered.
In fact, it is generally rare that all loads that can be powered by the generator set are accurate, because it is obviously impossible to control all additional loads. Just like anyone’s home, it is possible to add new power tools at any time, because these additional loads are unpredictable. Therefore, it is only necessary to calculate the total total load of the main relatively large power, and the total load is taken as 90% of the rated power of the generator set, that is, the total load is divided by 90%, and a relatively large amount is calculated as the generator The remaining 10% of the rated power is used as a sporadic load added at any time in the future. Therefore, if a detailed load analysis is not possible, it is better to choose the rated power of the generator set a little larger. These remaining values ​​are used for the place where electricity is used only after the generator set is installed. When calculating the total load of the appliance,
If it is a large machine, you should also consider the huge starting power brought by the starting current. Generally speaking, if the electric tool is not marked, it is calculated as the rated power1.2. That is, the total formula is: ((the sum of the rated power of each power tool1.2)) 90% is obtained to obtain the required power of the generator set.